Happy Friday all!
Just want to share with you some amazing things I’ve come across this week!
1. Chloe Chippendale of Sugarhigh Lovestoned Instagram feed. Ultimate free spirit, beauty, and hipster. Amazing artistic shots of her and her lover roaming wild.
2. Designers of Anna Beck give back by donating 100% of proceeds of necklace sales to Bumi Sehat, a non-profit organization in Bali that provides quality health care to families. P.S. Founder Robin Lim was a CNN Hero of the Year in 2011.
3. The entire Electric Guest CD entitled “Mondo”. You heard right, how often do you love an entire CD? It’s an indie pop album with amazing funky, melodic vocals and a fun mix of instruments in surprising ways.
4. Hake Kitchen and Bar – La Jolla. This place opened up a couple months ago, amazing sushi and seafood. Their Hamachi tuna is so savory with the perfect amount of spice. If your in San Diego, you must go try it!
5. Today is my parent’s 27th wedding anniversary. They are an amazing couple, and role models in love. Not everyday is easy but respect, thoughtfulness and gratitude get you a long way.
I’ve recently moved into a condo I believe I’m going to be in for a while. After moving every year in college, I’m hoping stay put for a bit (2+ years give or take!) while I build my resume, enjoy life one block from the beach, and find opportunities to explore and travel.
That being said, I bought a dining room table a couple of months ago at a flea market. It’s very cool, seats 4 but I’ve permanently have the leaf in so 6 to 8 squeeze in with these nifty garden stools I purchased. The shape is amazing, rectangular with bursts of curves on both sides of the corners. The legs are cabriole (curved animal style legs). It’s incredible sturdy but it desperately needs a makeover.
I need your input! I’m debating on black or white lacquer as I want to keep the table a classic, neutral color that will go with any rug, tableware, wall color, etc. Lots of wood, white, silver and black details that I can easily mix in pops of color depending on my mood or the season. It fits in the dining room quite nicely with my bar I’ve got set up with colorful vintage globes, books, and glass bottles.
Or white table?
My current dining room furniture
What are your thoughts? Black table and lots of white? Or white table with the white chairs?